How to delete a Facebook account?
Here is the step by step procedure to permanently delete your Facebook account. Follow one by one.
- Open the homepage of Facebook by entering the web address facebook.com in a new web portal.
- Enter your email address or mobile number.
- Enter your correct password.
- Then, click on the login button to open your account.
- Once your account is opened, on the top right side, there is quick help with ? icon. Click on the icon.
- A drop down menu will appear. Click on help Centre.
- On the top header, there is Managing your account section. Click on it.
- A drop down menu will appear where you have to click on Deactivating or deleting your account.
- Then read the instructions given on How do I permanently delete my account?
- To delete your account, first, you can download a copy of your info from Facebook. For this, click on the drop down icon in the header section and then in a setting.
- On the bottom, there is download a copy of your Facebook data. Click on the link to get your data of Facebook.
- After you get your data file, click on the Let us know link as given in the instruction.
- A new page will open as shown in the figure.
- If you really want to delete your account, click on Delete my account.
- After you delete your account, people will not able to find you on Facebook.
- To completely delete your account, it can take maximum up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all of the things you’ve posted, like your photos, status updates or other data stored in backup systems.
- However, a friend may still have messages from you even after you delete your account. That information remains even after you delete your account.
If you don’t want to delete your account but just want to keep away from it for some months, then deactivating your account is the best option for you since it will allow you to re – login your account. Here are the simple methods to deactivate your account:
- Open your Facebook account first. Just follow steps from 1 to 4 as given above.
- On the header section, there is down arrow icon. Click the icon.
- A drop down menu will open where you have to click on setting.
- Then, on the left side of the page, click on General which is at the top.
- Click on the manage account section.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Deactivate your account.
- You will be asked for your password to confirm.
- Enter your password and click on continue button.
- Choose the appropriate reason for deactivating your account.
- You can give further explanation if you want.
- If you don’t want to receive any email from Facebook then, click on the email opt-out box.
- If you don’t want to receive any message in your messenger, then check the box Messenger.
- Finally, click on the Deactivate account.
- Your account will be deactivated.
If you have decided not to use your Dropbox account anymore, then it is a good idea to delete your account. Here, we will provide you the instructions on how to delete your account and to download the data before you delete your account.
You have to follow the given instructions:
- First, download all your Dropbox files to your computer.
- Then, downgrade your paid Dropbox Pro subscription to a free tier.
- Then, proceed to account deletion.
How to download your Dropbox files?
You are recommended to perform a full sync with your Dropbox to have all your files saved on a computer before closing your account.
- First, open up your Dropbox account by clicking on its app.
- If you don’t have Dropbox apps then, you can download it.
- Then, sign in with your Dropbox account username.
- Enter your correct password to get a sign in your Dropbox account.
- Now, wait until your Dropbox has finished syncing files.
- Please check if all the files have been downloaded by opening Dropbox folder.
How to downgrade your Dropbox pro account?
If you have a paid pro account, then you must cancel your subscription before you delete your account. It will prevent automatic renewal of your account and you won’t have to pay any further renewal charges for that account. By unsubscribing, your file won’t be deleted.
- First, you have to sign in your Dropbox account.
- For this, enter your username first and the password in the login page as shown in the figure.
- Click the sign in button to proceed.
- Then, you have to open the downgrade page.
- In the downgrade page, you have to select the downgrade options.
- The, follow the instructions given on screen.
When you downgrade a paid Pro account, you still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Dropbox quota granted by the Pro upgrade expires. You won’t get your money back after canceling a Pro subscription before it expires unless you live in a region where Dropbox is legally required to issue a refund on early cancellation, in which case you can contact Dropbox to get refunded.
How to delete your Dropbox account?
Once you have downgraded your account, you can go to the account deletion tool to delete your account. Here are the simple steps you should follow to delete your account.
- To delete your account, you should visit the account deletion tool on your PC or Mac.
- A message appears asking if you really want to delete your Dropbox account.
- Type the reason why you want to delete your account in the blank box.
- Then, enter your Dropbox password and click on delete my account to proceed the account deletion.
Your account and file data will continue to live on Dropbox servers before being permanently deleted, which takes up to 60 days.
After deleting your Dropbox account, it will leave any previously synced files untouched in the Dropbox folder on your computer, but you won’t be able to add any new files to your Dropbox or restore any files removed from it. The files in folders that you’ve shared with others also will not be removed after closing your account.
Following are the simple steps you should follow to delete your Amazon account:
- Open a new web browser first.
- Enter the web address of Amazon. It is www.amazon.com.
- Remember that you must have existing Amazon account to delete in. So, log in to your amazon account first.
- To log in, click on the sign in.
- Enter your email address first.
- Then, enter your password.
- Click on sign in to open your account.
- To delete your account, you should make sure that you don’t have any pending order or transactions. If you are waiting for the shipping or receiving merchandise, then you can’t delete your account until they have been completed.
- Either you can cancel your pending orders by clicking Orders. It is near the top right corner of the Amazon homepage.
- Then, click on Open orders which at the top of the page.
- Finally, click on Cancel items to cancel your order and make your order zero.
- On the top of the header, there is a help. Click it.
- Just scroll down and click on Need more help? which at the bottom of the page as shown in the figure above.
- On the right portion of browse help topics section, you can see contact us. So, click on the link.
- Then, click on Prime or Something else.
- On the bottom of the section, click on please make a selection. Then, a drop down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Account settings.
- Similarly, again click on the second please make a selection field.
- From the drop-down menu, select the close my account.
- Now, a third section will open with the contact options as shown in the figure.
- You have to choose one of the contacts option to delete your account.
- If you choose to email, then you have to include the reason to delete your account and click send an email which is below the email field.
- If you choose a phone, then you have to enter your phone number in the space next to your number and click on Call me now.
- If you choose to chat, then you have to wait for customer service representative to come online. You have to tell the reason why you want to close your account.
- After you have taken the right choices among these three, you have to wait for the at most 24 hours to get the response from the Amazon representative and your account will be deleted.
- In this way, your account is deleted.
Amazon is the world largest internet based retailer. It was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos. It is an American electronic commerce that started as an online bookstore in Seattle, Washington and now it has expanded its services by selling various other products like DVDs, Blue-rays, CDs, video downloads/streaming, mp3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewellery. It has separate retail websites for the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India, and Mexico