Kik is a messenger app available free for Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
In this article, we will be discussing how to delete Kik account. For this, you must have Kik account. If you are not a user of Kik, then this is not so important for you. This article is for those registered Kik users who want to delete their account.
You can’t permanently delete your account from your app. For this, you have to use official Kik account deactivation page available at ws.kik.com/deactivate. Here is the simple process on how to delete your KIK account.
How to delete your KIK account?
Please follow the given steps one by one to delete your KIK account.
- Open a new web browser you are using. You can use any web browser like Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer or Torch.
- Enter the web address of deactivation page as given above in the introduction part and click Enter button.
- Now, you have to enter your email address corresponding to the KIK account.
- Then, Click Go to proceed.
- Remember that you have to enter the email address that you have used during the signup process.
- If you’ve forgotten your email address, you can find it by opening the Kik app, tapping the gear icon in the top right to take you to the Settings menu, then tapping “Your Account.” On this screen, you’ll see your name, username, and email.
- Now, you will receive an email.
- Open the email you received and click the confirmation link which is at the bottom under “Want to deactivate your account?” This will deactivate your Kik account.
How to delete your KIK history?
Even if you deactivate your KIK account, it won’t guarantee that your message history is clear. So, to clear your message history, you have to delete your KIK history. Don’t worry! We are here with the simplest method to delete your message history. Just follow the given simple steps one by one.
- Open your KIK account from your mobile.
- For this, tap on KIK app.
- If you are already logged in, then you don’t need to get log in.
- However, if you are not logged in, then enter your username and password to log in your account.
- Once you are logged in, go to your setting menu.
- This is on the top right corner of your profile.
- Then, click on your account from the drop down menu.
- Scroll the page and you can see Reset KIK messenger at the bottom.
- Click the link to reset your history.
- Click Yes button in the confirmation pop-up that appears. This will delete all of history and messages associated with your account. In addition, this will close Kik and log you out.