eBay is one of the world famous e-commerce corporation where the consumer can buy the products they like through online. It was founded in 1995 by Pierre Omidyar.
If you really want to close your eBay account for whatever reason you have, here are the simple steps you have to go through to completely delete your account. Before that, please read the following information carefully.
- Once you have closed this account, you will not be able to make another one under the same user ID or email address ever again. You can make a new account if you use a new user ID and email address.
- If you are tired of unwanted email and want to stop it, then you can inform eBay instead of deleting your account; you’ll stop receiving an unwanted email from eBay.
- If you’re having problems with your account, such as billing difficulty, you can manage your accounts accordingly without closing down your account.
- Contact eBay if there are any unresolved issues that you think may be corrected without having to close down your account. Remember that closing down an account mean you will lose all your data.
How to delete Ebay account?
- First, open up any new web browser.
- Then, type the web address ebay.com and click Enter button.
- It will load an eBay homepage.
- Now, you have to sign in your account.
- On the top left side of the page, there is a sign in. Click the link.
- Enter your email address or user ID first.
- Then, enter your password.
- Click on Sign in.
- After you sign in your account, on the top right side, there is My eBay. Click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Purchase History.
- Remember that you should check if you owe any fees to other individuals or vendors.If there are any outstanding fees, you will need to pay these first before closing your account. Similarly, If money is owed to you, you must request a refund before you close the account.
- Now, a new page will load where you will find a link to close your account.
- For this, go to the Help section. Click the link help and contact.
- On Browse by topics, click on ‘’managing your account’’ and further in ‘’other account problem’’.
- Finally, click on closing your account.
- A page will open where you will be informed about the result of closing your account. Read it carefully before you proceed.
- After you are sure to delete your account, click on Close your account.
- Then, select a reason to close your account from the given drop down menu options.
- Click on ‘’No, please close my account’’. Also, click on the box to agree all the terms and conditions of eBay.
- eBay will check all your necessary information. You have to wait for some minutes during which you cannot bid, list, buy, or change your contact information during this waiting period. You can access your personal details, however.
- You will receive an email notification regarding the confirmation of your account delete. Please check your email inbox to ensure that your eBay account is deleted.