Instagram is one of the best photo sharing application. Through this app, you can share your pictures and videos publicly or privately. It was launched in October 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. Initially, it was launched for iOS user only but two years later, it was launched for Android users too. It has more than 700 million users till now and has over 200 million active users. In April 2012, it was acquired by Facebook for approximately US$ 1 billion in cash and stock.
How to delete an Instagram account?
Deleting your Instagram account will delete your account, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers permanently. If you really do want to delete your account permanently, then please follow the given instructions carefully.
- Open a new web browser and enter the web address instagram.com
- Enter your username first.
- Enter your password correctly.
- Click on sign in button.
- Once your account is signed in, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Privacy.
- On the left section of Instagram help centre, click on managing your account.
- Then, click on Delete your account.
- On how do I delete my account section, there is the delete your account page. Click the link.
- You can also directly click on this link given here https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Select the reason to delete your account from the options given as shown in the figure below:
- Then, enter your password correctly to continue the process.
- Click on the permanently delete your account button to delete your account.
- Remember that you can’t delete your account from mobile apps. For this, you have to go the web browser.
However, if you don’t want to delete your account permanently but want to disable it for some days, then you can go for deactivating your account. It will not delete your account but instead, it will disable it for the time until you get back to log in. You can get back your account with all your photos, videos, comments, and likes. Here are the simple steps you have to follow to disable your account.
How to deactivate your Instagram account?
- Open your Instagram account with your correct username and password.
- On the right side, there is a man icon as shown in the figure. Click on the icon.
- Then click on Edit Profile button.
- Scroll down the page now.
- On the bottom of the page along with Submit, there is temporarily disable my account link.
- Click on the link.
- Then, select the reason why you want to disable your account from the drop down options as shown in the figure.
- Enter your correct password to continue the process.
- Finally, press the Temporarily disable Account button to deactivate your account.
- By disable your account, your account and all your photos, videos, likes, and comments will be hidden and once you log in back, all your information related to your account will be visible.