Paypal is an online payment system. It is an American company that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. It is world largest online payment gateway. It was founded in 1998. It became wholly subsidiary company of eBay after 2002.
To delete your Paypal account, first, you need to have your Paypal account. If you haven’t created your paypal account, then you need to create it first. Those users who don’t want to continue the service of Paypal no more and trying to delete their account, this article is very much helpful for them. If you are searching for the quick and simple method to delete your Paypal account, then you are in the right place. Before that let me remind you, you must be sure to delete your account because once you delete it, you can’t retrieve it back.
How to delete a Paypal account?
Here are the simple steps you have to follow to delete your Paypal account.
- First, open a new web browser. You can use any web browser like Mozilla, Torch, Chrome or Internet Explorer. Use the one you are familiar with.
- Now, type the web address paypal.com in the address bar and click the Enter button.
- In order to delete your Paypal account, you will have to sign in your account.
- Enter your email address first.
- Enter your password then.
- Click on the login button and your account will be logged in if both email address and password are matched.
- If you are having trouble in logging then, you can simply click on the link given just below the Log in the button as shown in the figure above.
- Before going for deleting your account, you must verify your account and transfer all your remaining funds to your bank account.
- Remember that if you have any unresolved issues, such as a dispute, or pending transactions, your account cannot be closed until they are resolved. So, try to solve those issue if any as soon as possible.
- On the upper right corner of the page, you can see ⚙️ Click it.
- Then, click on Account. It’s tab near the top of the window.
- Scroll down and click on Close. It’s next to ‘Close your account’ in the ‘Account Options’ section of the window.
- Now, select the reason for which you want to close your account.
- Click Continue to proceed forward.
- Finally, click on Close account. Your Paypal account will be closed permanently.
- Once you delete your account, it can’t be retrieved back.
This is the simple step to delete your Paypal account. Hope you will successfully delete your account by following the process given above. If you have any issue or you didn’t understand any step, you can simply comment on the given comment box about it. We will try our best to resolve your issue as soon as possible.